Goals of Achieve Virtual
We created Achieve Virtual with the following goals and values in mind:
- Provide an alternative pathway for students to earn a high school diploma in a manner that better meets the needs and challenges of their life.
- Allow students in a traditional high school to take dual-credit, advanced placement and other needed courses based on their individual graduation needs.
- Provide an economical education to students who are hospitalized, homebound, or incarcerated to allow them to stay on track to graduate from high school.\
- Increase the graduation rate of students who have encountered life-changing situations.
- Provide educational opportunities to students who have not graduated and are fifth-, sixth-year seniors and beyond.
- Provide flexible programming for students who wish to accelerate learning to enter college or the workforce earlier.
- Be the Advanced Placement and Dual Credit online provider for schools not currently able to offer these courses.
- Utilizing Data Teams in Math and Language Arts to help focus instructional strategies on those that most impact online learning, specifically in Algebra I and English 10 content.
- Offer an online environment and community with more student to student and parent to teacher interaction using social networking and blogs within our classes through My Big Campus.