Is Attending High School Online Right For You?
While it is a great option for many, virtual school is not the perfect alternative for every student or family. The list below shows characteristics of the learning experience one can expect at Achieve Virtual.
Characteristics of the Ideal Online School Student
Virtual School students benefit from…
- Control over learning space.
- Working at a pace suitable to their learning style.
- More one-on-one attention from teachers and staff.
- A personalized learning experienced, tailored to fit their needs.
The most successful online students are…
- PreparedEncouraged and motivated from family and/or parents.
Achieve Virtual might be right for you if…
- Prefer learning outside of the traditional classroom setting.
- Are previously homeschooled and looking for a defined curriculum and teachers to help support your family’s instruction
- You need a flexible schedule for reasons related to health, work, sports, or family.
- Enjoy the flexibility of learning at your own pace and on your own time.
Regardless of your reason for joining us at Achieve Virtual, you are more likely to be successful if you work closely with your family and teachers throughout the semester. It is important to set up a learning environment that is free from distractions and organized. You should work on your classes daily and monitor your progress through communication with your teacher(s) and counselor, as well as through the information given on Genius, our Student Information System. Setting a consistent schedule for yourself will help you build positive habits that keep you on the right track.